Saturday, June 13, 2009

Coming back to the U.S.

I’m excited and anxious to get back home. I can’t wait to give everyone a big hug. This trip has been amazing and I am very happy that I came, although it has been a little different than what I thought it would be. I think it’s just from everyone from last year’s group telling us that it will change our lives. And I’m sure it will, but it just hasn’t changed it that much yet. I’m assuming that I’ll be able to see a difference when I get back home. I’m sure it will affect some of the decisions I make and the way I act. I’m still wondering when everything will hit me. I’m certain it will gradually affect my choices over time. I hope that I don’t lose sight of the people I met here and don’t forget their stories. I want to keep them with me forever and I want to share them with everyone I encounter. I’m unsure how this trip has fully affected me yet, but I’m positive it eventually will hit me. I’m going to miss the beautiful atmosphere here, the mountains, and the wonderful inspirational people of Guguletu. Now it’s time to jump on a 20-hour plane ride.

Cheers Cape Town!

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious to hear if you feel NOW like things have changed in your life? As I re-read your blog (now that I can comment on it without it loading for 20 minutes), I think I hear a new awareness and an awakened desire to keep faith and hope in the forefront of your life.

    ReplyDelete